I was talking to a guy I used to work with at Disneyland about how he was promoted to head costume designer and he was freaking out about his first assignment
- Him: it has to be perfect
- Me: what does?
- Him: they'll kill me if I screw up this dress
- Me: no they won't it's just a dress
- Him: yes they will I'm going to waste their money then Mickey Mouse is going to have me dropped on a deserted island far away where I'll die alone
- Me: it can't be that big a deal, are you making a parade character's dress or something?
- Him: they gave me so much money, I'm going to fuck it up. She'll look hideous
- Me: it'll be okay if you make a mistake, who's dress are you making?
- Him: *whispers* Elsa
- Me: isn't Elsa already in the park with a complete costume?
- Him: yes
- Me: then how are you doing her dress if it's done already?
- Him: her park dress is done. But she has her official, internationally televised and watched by millions coronation into the Disney royal family as a queen coming up and all the other members of the royal family will be there even the queens and all the princes and they've already booked the castle and they gave me one million dollars to design the perfect dress for Elsa as my first assignment.
- Me: oh...shit
- Him: *starts crying quietly*
If you love someone with borderline personality disorder, it’s worth doing your own research so you can understand where your borderline is coming from, especially when they act out or pull away.
Here are some traits of Borderline Personality Disorder:
Traits involving emotions:
Quite frequently people with Borderline Personality Disorder have a very hard time controlling their emotions. They may feel ruled by them. One researcher (Marsha Linehan) said, “People with Borderline Personality Disorder are like people with third degree burns over 90% of their bodies. Lacking emotional skin, they feel agony at the slightest touch or movement.”
1. Shifts in mood lasting only a few hours.
2. Anger that is inappropriate, intense or uncontrollable.
Traits involving behavior:
3. Self-destructive acts, such as self-mutilation or suicidal threats and gestures that happen more than once
4. Two potentially self-damaging impulsive behaviors. These could include alcohol and other drug abuse, compulsive spending, gambling, eating disorders, shoplifting, reckless driving, compulsive sexual behavior.
Traits involving identity
5. Marked, persistent identity disturbance shown by uncertainty in at least two areas. These areas can include self-image, sexual orientation, career choice or other long-term goals, friendships, values. People with Borderline Personality Disorder may not feel like they know who they are, or what they think, or what their opinions are, or what religion they should be. Instead, they may try to be what they think other people want them to be. Someone with Borderline Personality Disorder said, “I have a hard time figuring out my personality. I tend to be whomever I’m with.”
6. Chronic feelings of emptiness or boredom. Someone with Borderline Personality Disorder said, “I remember describing the feeling of having a deep hole in my stomach. An emptiness that I didn’t know how to fill. My therapist told me that was from almost a “lack of a life”. The more things you get into your life, the more relationships you get involved in, all of that fills that hole. As a borderline, I had no life. There were times when I couldn’t stay in the same room with other people. It almost felt like what I think a panic attack would feel like.”
Traits involving relationships
7. Unstable, chaotic intense relationships characterized by splitting (see below).
- ana & elsa are rapunzel’s cousins
- it was to rapunzel & flynn’s wedding that ana & elsa’s parents were on their way to when they shipwrecked
- it was their shipwreck that ariel sees in the beginning of the little mermaid
- but they didn’t die, they washed up on an island and gave birth to tarzan, and were later killed by a cheetah
did i miss anything
shut the fuck up
Sometimes I wonder if Nepeta used to have long hair